Monday, November 22, 2010

Genital Warts Black Scab



Hi, Elena, happy to exchange a word with you. You are a wonderful illustrator.

Hi Javier.

Thank you for your interest in me in my work and thanks for your kind words. I also delighted.

First, obvious question. Are you the girl on the cover of DIARY OF A TEEN? Diving into a website in Russia found this picture ( central image below ) and, at least, sobering. Are you, right? Not understand anything said on the web because most were in Cyrillic but certainly it seems!

Ohhh Nooo I am not, nor is this the model I used. Sorry not for nothing all the work of "espionage" I'm afraid you've had to do. You control the photo of the model used and the owner of the stock link.

Until recently, your identity was a mystery book on the internet and almost nonexistent. Moreover, I found on any website that speculated if your name was imaginary and ultimately yourself you appeared in a post explaining who you were and where they can see adding your work, take the opportunity to add http://elenadudina.deviantart.com/ . Would you like to be surrounded by an aura of mystery as the women you draw?

hahaha ... for nothing. Not trying to be Banksy. I have my picture on dA, my email, I have my FaceBook, I answer several interviews like this every month ... In short, in all pretend to be a little "enigma." I am very accessible only thing a little shy for my things and also, I do not have a life as "exciting" to fantasize about it ...

The cover illustration of DIARY OF A TEENAGER is called "Hummingbird." What can you say about her?

often the case that my work comes from a photo of a model to me "trap." I feel the need to do something with it. To give life. This was one of those cases.

think I am not alone in thinking that your illustrations are a cane! Are you going to release a compilation book? Something I thought I heard about it. Is it true?

Thanks again Javier. Well, something he "heard" me too but so far nothing. There is no discussion on the subject. Actually I guess I can make a book just with my photomanipulations. Do not know who may be interested in buying something. A few months ago a girl wanted to write short stories about some of them and publish them. I think it did not come out as she expected and, at least for now, I have not heard anything the project.

How do you like to call your work? "Enlightenment? Photomanipulation "as they call others? Photographic Art "? "Art simply?

Art seems too big a word to define what I do. I think they are "simple" photomanipulations. It is true that more and more painted, illustrated, but photomanipulations. What if I try is that they are not merely "cut and paste" Stock photo. Intant them to life, telling a story ...

What about other national artists that move at close to yours, like Victoria Frances and Luis Royo? Do you have a reference in your work, someone you'll set when you started?

Not to sound proud but had no reference. Neither had, nor what I have. These and other names I have been known over time. The people I related to them and their work without further ojeé. I am nothing unusual.

to me what interested me was support, not works. I've always drawn. Since childhood he had that ability. As a teenager I began to paint and sculpt a few years ago. When I discovered photomanipulation I realized it was an extended summary of everything he did and had. Could use real elements to, manipulate, create a new reality. That's what captivated me, the media, not works.

Anyway, I admire them both. I hope someday reach his level.

I think I speak on behalf of many when I say that your work is really impressive and we're sure you'll soon be an artist very, very valued and much better known. Are you satisfied with your current technical level? Want to experience? "Go further in your art?

Thanks again Javier.

modest I do not want to sin again but that I'm "almost" starting. Really, these kinds of comments seem to refer me to someone else. I think mastering the techniques but I still have a long way.

I want to go painting / illustrating increasingly, create my own stocks, again taking lessons from my dear Professor Ramón Teja. Almost everything that is thanks to his tremendous knowledge and his love of sharing and teaching. In short, I repeat, I still have a long way.

Tell us about your future projects, apart from the book collections. What would you do in a few years? Where do you see? Where are you getting at?

I have many plans on the personal, artistic and professionally but I am very superstitious and I do not talk to them before they fulfill.

I read that you're married to a English and have a to hij. You're originally from Russia. Tell us about your country, where they were born, of ours, the differences between them and anything that evokes. Are you homesick for your country or you have become Madrid and go around the world eating boiled tripe and toast?

My father was a soldier, fighter pilot. Every two or three years, I changed stations. I was born when he was in Estonia today. Then we went through New Earth (in the Arctic), Latvia etc. I got married and we moved to Siberia. Seven years of cold and neglect. My daughter was born there. Is it a good one from that period. My roots are deep in Russia, 600 km south of Moscow, but virtually nothing me "tied" to there.

8 years ago, a cousin of mine invited me to come to Almería. Was there a few months and came to Madrid. Today I met my husband (in English, saving you the question) and I do not move here ... especially now that we have definitely brought my daughter to live with us.

I love your country. The people are very similar to Russian. You have same sense of humor. I like to join together with friends and enjoy. Like the Russians. And I love your food, your cities and old towns ... as I said, from here and I'm not moving.

A pleasure to have interviewed, Elena. I hope that soon we will meet in person in Madrid, in a presentation to prepare us the best of Ricardo Esteban (Ilarion editor). I will bring my wife, you bring your husband and your hij to :) A big hug from Asturias!

a pleasure for me too. I hope you continue to enjoy what you do and you get the recognition your talent and dedication. See you soon.


0 comments:

Post a Comment